ORGANISE AN EVENT
Set up a JustGiving Fundraising Page
For your online fundraising page, we recommend using Just Giving. It's quick and easy. Just follow the steps below to create your page:
- Register an account. It’s easy. You can use your Facebook account to create an account if you like.
- Log into your account and click ‘Start Fundraising'.
- When asked 'Are you fundraising for a registered charity?', select 'Yes, continue'.
- Search for SarcoidosisUK. You can also search us by our charity number, 1063986.
- JustGiving will ask you whether you’re taking part in an event, celebrating an occasion, fundraising in memory or doing your own thing.
- If you can't see your event listed (e.g. London Marathon), select ‘Add your own’ at the bottom of the page and write a bit more about your activity.
- Choose your web address – this is the link you’ll be sharing with friends and family when asking them to donate.
- Tick 'Yes' if you're running a bake sale, or selling tickets to an event, raffle or auction. Donations to your Page won't be eligible for Gift Aid. (You can find out more about Gift Aid under Money Matters, below).
- Click ‘Create your page’.
Job done! Your Fundraising Page is now set up and ready to accept donations. JustGiving send the money that you raise to SarcoidosisUK on a weekly basis. Now you can start on the fun stuff – personalising your page and sharing it friends and family.
Meet Some of Our Fundraising Heroes
Matt and Ben climbed Mt Kilimanjaro for SarcoidosisUK!
Here are some thoughts from Matt on what motivated him to take on this challenge:
"The climb took us 6 days. All Ben and I wanted was a big mad adventure, we're both into climbing and this looked like something we could accomplish with a bit of persistence and training. People thought we were daft but it really was a once in a lifetime adventure.
Ben and I like to think we're strong willed, tough and determined, but I'm nothing on how strong willed and tough my mum is. She's fought through a lot in her life, her battle with Sarcoidosis being her most recent fight.
It was an honour to raise money for a charity that is able to help someone like my mum. Walking up 19,000ft is nothing in comparison to the daily climb someone who suffers with Sarcoidosis is up against."
Thank you, Matt & Ben!